We’re often asked, “How do I get involved in the Libertarian Party?” We’ve compiled 18 suggestions for any person that is looking for a place to start. Doing just one of these items helps move libertarianism forward.
- Learn our beliefs. Check out our State issues and the National Libertarian Party Information or request our free info packet.
- Like our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LibertarianPartyIN.
- Share our Facebook page with your friends on Facebook, and ask them to “Like” us as well!
- Join the 1994 Society for at least $10 per month. Contributing to the state party monthly is the most helpful way to fund our efforts in Indiana. This basic commitment helps fund all the costs of our communications, candidate recruitment and training efforts, and outreach materials.
- Once you are a Member, check out the LPIN Membership Portal for more information, events, and community!
- Make sure you are registered to vote!
- Make sure your friends, co-workers, and family are registered to vote!
- Sign-up for the LP national email newsletter via www.LP.org.
- Sign-up for the LPIN email newsletter, the LPIN Liberty Beacon, via www.LPIN.org.
- Follow us on Twitter: @LPIN.
- Contact your county affiliate for information on local candidates and events. This can be found at: https://lpin.org/contact/local-affiliate/.
- Purchase LP apparel, hats, bumper stickers, and information material from the LP Store.
- Volunteer your time for an LP candidate in your area. Candidates need a variety of help, including canvassing neighborhoods, creating and/or managing a website and facebook page, calling voters, or planning and/or managing events.
- Run for office! We need committed, qualified Libertarians to reach out to voters in their community.
- Call into radio talk shows and mention the libertarian message and the Libertarian Party.
- Write a letter to the editor in your hometown newspaper. If it is published, please cut out a copy and mail it to 1300 E. 86th Street #40573, Indianapolis, IN 46240 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or message our Facebook page with the link!
- Attend local community, township, county, village, and/or municipal meetings and events. If possible, plan an outreach booth at these events.
- Attend your local town or city council meetings to learn what’s happening in your community politically. Often times, no one in the public actually attends these, and politicians are interested in the ideas of a new face.
- Notify the LPIN Chairperson at Chair@lpin.org of interesting news happening in your area. We love to share information on events, good or bad news stories, or on candidate activity with our statewide network.
Permission isn’t needed! The Libertarian Party is made up of grassroots activists making a difference politically. The only thing that can keep the LP from growing is our own inaction.
We thank you for your consideration!