It’s a busy week ahead for the Libertarian Party of Indiana!
Chard Reid Debates Opponents in Congressional District 5 Debate
- Please come out to support Chard!
- 3085 W. 116th St. Carmel, IN 46032
- Doors open at 6:30 PM EST, Debate starts at 7 PM and Ends at 9 PM
- Congregation Shaarey Tefilla, 3085 W. 116th St. Carmel, IN 46032
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/214948361965169/
Andy Horning calls in to the Gary Snyder Show
Andy Horning Speaks at the Speedway Exchange Club Candidates Forum
- Monday from 6:15-8:30 pm, plus a mixer
- Speedway High School
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- The Exchange Club of Speedway will host a Candidate Forum/Town Meeting at Speedway High School, Monday, Oct. 22 Participants will include Senate candidate Andy Horning; Paul Tencher, authorized by Joe Donnelly to speak for him as campaign manager; Brose McVey, authorized by Richard Mourdock to speak for him as deputy campaign manager; 7th District candidate Carlos May; and a representative of Andre Carson.. Also, Senate 35 candidates Mike Young and Mark Waterfill, and House 92 candidates Karlee Macer and Tim Motsinger. Star editorial page editor Tim Swarens; UIndy international relations specialist Doug Woodwell (Yale 04); and Cynthia Baker, Dir of the Program on Law and State Govt, IU McKinney School of Law– and the audience– will question the speakers.
- First come free tickets for 270 seats may be picked up at Grindstone Charlie’s, 5822 Crawfordsville Rd (in front of Speedway Shopping Center), Saturday, Oct 20, 11 am to 3 pm; Sunday, Oct 21 4 pm to 7 pm, or Monday, Oct 22, 11 am to 1 pm. Walk ins as seats available.
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/290004034442798
Rupert Speaks at IUPUI Politicalpalooza
- 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- Campus Center, room CE450 A
- Each candidate holds a 30 minute Q&A session
Executive Director Chris Spangle Offers Commentary on the Final Old Party Debate from the Indy Star Newsroom
- Follow the hashtag #StarDebate for his thoughts
- Please help promote Gov. Gary Johnson by tweeting about him using this hash tag!
Andrew Horning Participates in US Senate Debate
- Date: Tuesday, October 23
- Broadcast Time: 7 p.m. EDT (6 Pm CST)
- City: New Albany, IN
- Venue: Paul W. Ogle Cultural & Community Center, Indiana University Southeast (live audience – seating up to 500), Sold Out
- Moderator: Ericka Flye, WRTV anchor and host of “Indianapolis This Week”
- Where to Watch or Listen: http://indianadebatecommission.com/where-to-watch/
Free and Equal Presidential Debate with Governor Gary Johnson
- The debate will be broadcast live at www.freeandequal.org/live, Link TV, and Al Jazeera
- RSVP: http://action.freeandequal.org/debate-rsvp/
- Hosted by Free and Equal, the debate will take place at the University Club of Chicago on October 23. Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson, Green Party candidate Jill Stein, Constitution Party candidate Virgil Goode, and Justice Party candidate Rocky Anderson have all confirmed their participation in the debate.
- Moderator: Larry King
- This debate is the only 2012 Presidential Debate featuring four candidates. The top six candidates were invited to participate. Democratic Party candidate and incumbent Barack Obama and Republican Party candidate Mitt Romney are welcome to participate in this historic debate.
- “Questions will include foreign policy, the economy, civil rights, and other critical policy issues that affect not only Americans, but the rest of the world as well,” stated Christina Tobin, founder and chair of Free & Equal. “We are honored to have Al Jazeera and Link TV broadcast this historic event.”
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/536074149741346/
Governor Gary Johnson Returns to Indiana!
Governor Gary Johnson is returning to the Hoosier State for two days! Three stops are in the works, but only one is confirmed. Please check this facebook event for updates and changes: https://www.facebook.com/events/318176108289736/.
- Libertarian Party of Shelby County Candidate Meet and Greet
- Moral Township Fire Station – 8333 North Frontage Road Fairland, IN 46126
- 6 PM – Dark
- Free and Open to the Public, All media welcome
- This will be the only meet and greet in Central Indiana on this stop.
- Come see Gary Johnson, Rupert Boneham, Rex Bell, and other candidates as they briefly address the crowds on their ideas for America. The majority of time will be spent mingling with the candidates and other Hoosiers, snapping photos with the candidates, and a few other exciting things! This event will be outside, but the weather will be warm.
Other potential stops:
- Northern Indiana campus stop on Wednesday
- Indianapolis-area school stop on Thursday
- These may be limited or closed to the public. Details TBD.
Rupert Boneham Speaks to WSVX 96.5 FM in Shelbyville, IN
Rupert Boneham Participates in Indiana Gubernatorial Debate
Fort Wayne Debate Watch Party and Celebration
- Who: Libertarians & friends
- What: Meetup to watch the governors debate in Fort Wayne
- Where: Private meeting room, Hotel Marriott, 305 E Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
- When: Thursday, October 25th, from 6P – 10P
- Rupert will join the party after the debate!
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/479157008772884/
Executive Director Chris Spangle stands in for Gary Johnson at the Carmel High School Mock Presidential Debate
- Live streamed to 4,000 students
Wabash Chamber of Commerce 2nd Congressional District Debate with Joe Ruiz
- Dallas Winchester Senior Center – 239 Bond St. Wabash, IN
- 7 – 8:30 pm EST
- The public is invited & encouraged to attend! Please support Joe!
- For more information, contact Pat Lynn 260.563.5469 of the Chamber
Rupert calls in to the Amos Brown Show
Rupert calls in to the Gary Snyder Show
LPMC Volunteers at the Irvington Halloween Street Fair
- Saturday, October 27, 2012
- 9:00am until 5:00pm
- Help the Libertarian Party spread the word on the East Side of Indianapolis! The Historic Irvington Halloween Festival culminates on the final day of the festival with a street fair that includes over 120 vendors, live-music, children’s events and a costume parade.
- Historic Irvington, 5700 East Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
Second District Congressional Candidate Debate with Joe Ruiz
- The American Democracy Project and Political Science Club of Indiana University South Bend and the League of Women Voters of the South Bend Area will host the third bi-annual Second District Congressional Candidate Debate to be televised live on WNIT-TV
- Sunday, October 28 6-7:30 p.m.
- Confirmed participants include Democratic candidate Brendan Mullen and Libertarian candidate Joe Ruiz.
- For more information: http://www.lwvsouthbend.org/